The Low-Sugar Strawberry Smoothie contains less than 10 grams of natural sugar in one smoothie. This low amount of sugar and addition of complex carbohydrates from cooked oats is perfect for someone with diabetes who is trying to stabilize their blood sugar.
Stevia is used as a natural sweetener that comes from the stevia plant. Chia seeds are added to the smoothie as a nutritional boost that have been shown to reduce risk of heart attack and strokes.
Drink the Low-Sugar Strawberry Smoothie anytime during the day for a delicious strawberry flavor that is low in added sugars.
I love how refreshing this smoothie is. Yet it also is very filling. That makes it great for a meal replacement drink as a well.
- 8 fl oz unsweetened soy milk
- 1 cup spinach
- 5 medium strawberries
- ¼ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup cooked oats (cooled)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 stevia packet
- Combine all of the ingredients into the Nutribullet cup.
- Pour in the unsweetened soy milk to the max fill line.
- Blend together until smooth and consistent.