Forget that over-priced, high-fat seasonal pumpkin latte that you get at the drive-thru. This pumpkin and vanilla smoothie with espresso one has much more fiber, the fats are plant-based healthy fats and you’ll also get 25% of both your Vitamin B-12 and calcium. If you need to watch your sugar, feel free to substitute a natural sweetener like Stevia or Truvia. It also will help you blast fat with its caffeine. You can used canned pumpkin with this in a pinch, but roasted is better.
- 1 cup roasted or baked pumpkin
- 2 T roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 T flax seed
- 2 T honey
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- About 1 cup vanilla coconut milk (to fill line) plus 2 T.
- ¼ cup espresso
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Whipped Cream if desired
- Combine the pumpkin, pumpkin seeds, flax seed, cinnamon, honey and one cup coconut milk in the NutriBullet and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a microwave-safe cup(s) and microwave on high for 45 seconds to 90 seconds, depending on your microwave oven.
- Stir in the espresso, pour into mugs and top each with 1 T of coconut milk and a dusting of nutmeg.
- In the alternative, garnish with whipped cream