Disclosure: This is a paid post sponsored by Silk. However all opinions and writing are my own.
What is your liquid base for your smoothies? If it is water, you may find that your smoothie is, well, watery. If you use frozen fruit or ice to chill your smoothie, it also may be chunky or grainy. One of the best ways to get a smooth smoothie is to change out your base from water. I particularly like to use liquids such as Silk almond milk or soy milk for that. There are also other ingredients you can add to create a smoother smoothie. Below are a few tips, plus a really great chocolate raspberry and almond smoothie recipe using Silk Dark Chocolate Almond Milk.
Ingredients for a Smoother Smoothie
(1) Silk Almond Milk, or other Dairy-Free Liquids: Instead of using water, try one of the Silk dairy-free products such as Silk Almond Milk, Soy Milk, or Cashew Milk. These items add flavor and nutrition to your smoothie recipe and they generally blend up smoother than a recipe made with water. I particularly love Silk Dark Chocolate Almond Milk for adding a chocolate flavor, and I also regularly use Silk Vanilla Almond Milk or Silk Soy Milk in my smoothie recipes. You also get more calcium with these than you would using regular milk. By the way, I also use Silk Cashew Milk in some of my Nutribullet soup recipes.
(2) Bananas: Bananas are wonderful for adding a creamy smooth texture to smoothies. Almost every smoothie I make includes one. Bananas also provide natural sweetness and they are great for adding potassium to your diet.
(3) Avocado: Like bananas, avocado also adds a creamy texture and it will mix well with just about any other set of ingredients. If you think it sounds odd to put avocado in your smoothie, think again! Unless you make it the primary ingredient, you won’t even detect the flavor. Meanwhile, it will provide you with healthy fats and will help fill you up, making it great in a breakfast smoothie.
4) Yogurt or Yogurt Substitutes: Yogurt helps thicken a smoothie and adds to a smooth and creamy texture. If you want a dairy-free smoothie, try Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative. It is made with soy, and a small container provides 6 grams of protein, which helps balance your smoothie and keep you fuller longer.
Get a Coupon, Recipes, and Enter To Win Prizes
To learn more about Silk products, get some tasty recipes, and enter to win some great prizes, be sure to sign up for the Silk Newsletter. You will also get an instant coupon.
Chocolate Almond Raspberry Smoothie Recipe
Here is a tasty smoothie recipe using some of the above ingredients. This Silk smoothie recipe is for all the chocolate lovers out there! It uses Silk Dark Chocolate Almond Milk and also incorporates Silk Vanilla Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative. This makes one large Nutribullet cup or roughly around 16-20 ounces. It is really good as a meal replacement, breakfast smoothie, or post-workout drink.
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 banana, either fresh or frozen
- Handful of raw almonds
- 1 single serving container of Silk Vanilla Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative
- 1 Silk Dark Chocolate Almond Milk to the fill line (or 1 cup in a regular blender)
- Place all ingredients in the blender
- Blend for 1 minute or until smooth
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.