Did you know that kiwi is also considered as one of the top nutritious foods in the world? Yep, it’s true. It has anti-oxidant properties that help protect cell DNA, which is found to be protective against respiratory related illnesses like asthma, night coughing or shortness of breath. An excellent source of Vitamin C, you are reducing your risk for cancer, stroke and heart disease. It’s also a very good source of fiber that helps control blood sugar levels and prevents colon cancer.
This smoothie recipe gives a nice mix of tasty high fiber and high protein ingredients. Use it as a breakfast or meal replacement or for after exercise. Banana adds potassium for post exercise and smoothness to the consistency of the smoothie.
Omit the protein powder if you would rather concentrate on only fiber.
- 1 scoop whey protein powder
- 2 tbsps rolled oats
- 2 kiwi fruit, sliced without skin
- 2 tbsps almonds
- ½ banana (or full if using an extra large cup)
- Skim milk to fill line
- Add all ingredients to your large nutribullet cup, saving Skim milk for last.
- Once you have filled the cup with Skim milk to the fill line, puree ingredients to desired consistency.