I love this unique pistachio and kale green smoothie. Pistachios are a good source of protein, vitamin K and potassium with fewer calories compared to other nuts. When eaten in moderation, pistachios can help you in managing your weight and heart health. They also make this smoothie unique!
Eating pistachios regularly in small amounts increases the amount of good cholesterol while helping bring down the level of bad cholesterol. Enjoy this smoothie rich in magnesium, B-complex, copper and phosphorus which aids in boosting energy levels.
This recipe also incorporates kale and mango for a green smoothie that is not overly bitter.
If you are eating low carb or keto, omit the honey and use full fat milk or a milk substitute (or even water). The mango isn’t much and will keep your net barbs still fairly low. You could also omit the mango as well, but it does help cover the bitterness of the kale if you are not a big kale fan.
- ¼ cup pistachio nuts, shelled
- 1 cup kale, torn
- ½ cup mango cubes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1 tbsp honey
- Low fat milk to fill line
- Add all ingredients to your large nutribullet cup, saving low fat milk for last.
- Once you have filled the cup with low fat milk to the fill line, puree ingredients to desired consistency.
- Garnish with celery or kale if desired.