The Happy Honeydew Melon Smoothie is full of ingredients to help boost your mood. Green tea contains a small amount of caffeine that will help boost your energy as well as your mood. A proper balance of carbohydrates and protein is important for dopamine levels, a hormone that plays a role in mood stability. Both cooked oats and plain Greek yogurt provide carbohydrates and protein. In addition, flaxseed contains a high amount of omega-3 fatty acids that have been shown to fight off depression. The smoothie also uses a cup of honeydew melon that contains a high amount of vitamins, minerals, and water to keep you hydrated. Drink the Happy Honeydew Melon Smoothie anytime during the day for a delicious honeydew flavor that will also boost your mood.
- 8 fl oz iced green tea
- ⅓ cup cooked oats (cooled)
- ⅓ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup honeydew melon chunks
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp honey
- Combine all of the ingredients into the Nutribullet cup.
- Pour in the iced green tea to the max fill line.
- Blend together until smooth and consistent.