Hummus is a nice healthy item. I like to put it on veggies as a snack to add protein.
Hummus can be made difficult, by soaking chick peas and precooking them etc, but it doesn’t have to be!
This hummus recipe is a simple easy way to make hummus quickly using your Nutribullet or any blender.
The trick to making this simple is to used canned chickpeas.
By using canned chickpeas for the hummus the lengthy part of making hummus has already been done for you, although it is still good to remove the skin from the chickpeas to keep things extra creamy.
If you like spicy hummus you can add some crushed red pepper to this recipe.
I like to add garlic to my hummus or sometime roasted pine nuts. You can make all sorts of additions to it!
Nutribullet hummus recipe is below!
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of Paprika
- Remove the the chickpeas skins. Simply pinching them until the skin comes off then discard the skins.
- Place the chickpeas in the blender with garlic, olive oil, ¼ cup water, and salt.
- Blend until smooth, adding the remaining water one tablespoon at a time to help the mix evenly blend.
- Blend an additional 30 seconds and stream a small amount of olive oil in for additional smoothness
- Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika and olive oil
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200
GET OUR RECIPES BY EMAIL