Hummus is a nice healthy item. I like to put it on veggies as a snack to add protein.
Hummus can be made difficult, by soaking chick peas and precooking them etc, but it doesn’t have to be!
This hummus recipe is a simple easy way to make hummus quickly using your Nutribullet or any blender.
The trick to making this simple is to used canned chickpeas.
By using canned chickpeas for the hummus the lengthy part of making hummus has already been done for you, although it is still good to remove the skin from the chickpeas to keep things extra creamy.
If you like spicy hummus you can add some crushed red pepper to this recipe.
I like to add garlic to my hummus or sometime roasted pine nuts. You can make all sorts of additions to it!
Nutribullet hummus recipe is below!
Nutribullet Hummus Recipe
An easy to make hummus recipe for the Nutribullet or any other blender.
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of Paprika
- Remove the the chickpeas skins. Simply pinching them until the skin comes off then discard the skins.
- Place the chickpeas in the blender with garlic, olive oil, ¼ cup water, and salt.
- Blend until smooth, adding the remaining water one tablespoon at a time to help the mix evenly blend.
- Blend an additional 30 seconds and stream a small amount of olive oil in for additional smoothness
- Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika and olive oil
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200
GET OUR RECIPES BY EMAIL
Sunday 26th of December 2021
You can freeze hummus in small amounts too.
Tuesday 2nd of February 2021
Great receipe How long do you this the dip will last once refrigerated Thanks
Friday 12th of March 2021
It can keep up to about a week.
Tuesday 19th of March 2019
How much does this make?
Saturday 16th of September 2017
Which blade do you use?
Sunday 17th of September 2017
Hi! I am making this with my Nutribullet RX, which only has one blade. If you are using something that has both liquid and grinding blades, I suggest experimenting, but would probably lean toward the liquid blade.
Wednesday 15th of March 2017
Just tried this and added 1/4 cup tehini and a dash of tumeric. So good.