Did you know that you can use your Nutribullet to make instant oatmeal? It is great for grinding together dry ingredients, and regular oats, once ground, reconstitute into quick oatmeal nicely when mixed with hot water. By adding your own healthy flavorings, you can avoid all of the extra sugars and preservatives that you would find in store-bought instant oatmeal. This recipe will make about 6 servings using the Nutribullet RX colossal cup. For smaller Nutribullets, cut it in half. You can also make multiple batches and store the mix in an airtight container. I like to make enough for several breakfasts at one time.
This recipe is for a simple brown sugar and raisin mix. But you can add what ever you like. Try adding walnuts, pecans, or other nuts for protein, different dried fruits, including apple or banana chips, or flax or chia powder. Be creative!
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Place 1 cup oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in the blender
- Blend until the oats are powdered.
- Add the rest of the oats and pulse until the oats are mostly broken down but not powdered. Shake as needed to mix.
- If adding nuts, pulse them in at the end.
- Stir in the raisins or other ingredients and store in an airtight container or plastic bag up to 3 months.
- To reconstitute, add ¾ c boiling water to ½ cup mix, stir, and let stand for 2 minutes.