Designed as a post workout smoothie, this recipe uses juice as the liquid to add post workout carbs. You can use fresh fruit and water instead if you like in order to lighten it up. The fruit and spinach in this recipe are high in Vitamin C, while spinach adds iron to the diet. That makes this a great post exercise drink to add to iron stores and boost your resistance to colds and illness. By making this with frozen fruit, it will also cool you down nicely after a workout. If you want protein in your exercise smoothies, make this with milk or soy milk as the liquid.
- - peach mango juice to the fill line
- - ½ cup frozen strawberries
- - ½ cup frozen peaches
- - small handful of spinach
- Mix this until you get a smooth consistency, though you can add more juice to get the desired consistency. The strawberries offer antioxidants and a large quantity of Vitamin C. The spinach is packed with Vitamin K, antioxidants and fiber.
- You can be creative with the Nutribullet. The idea is to use leafy greens and fresh fruits. The nice thing is that the greens cannot even be tasted in the smoothie. This will allow you to get the nutrition you need in a quick and great tasting manner.