The Lemon Orange Yogurt Smoothie tastes just like a mix between a lemon meringue pie and an orange dreamsicle without the high amount of saturated fat and sugar.
Both fresh squeezed lemon and lemon zest add flavor while providing the health benefits associated with lemon such as antibacterial and immunity boosting properties. Orange adds color, sweetness and extra Vitamin C.
The cooked oats are high in fiber and complex carbohydrates that will keep you feeling full and give you prolonged energy.
Greek yogurt adds a creamy texture that is high in protein.
Drink the Lemon Orange smoothie when you are craving a citrus dessert but want to avoid the high amounts of fat and sugar found in most desserts.
- 8 fl oz fat-free milk
- ½ cup plain non-fat greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup cooked oats
- 1 fresh squeezed lemon
- ½ orange, peeled, seeds removed
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 stevia packet
- Combine all of the ingredients into the Nutribullet cup.
- Pour in the fat-free milk to the max fill line.
- Blend together until smooth and consistent.