Typically, greens drinks don’t pack a lot of protein. But if you want to get your greens and a high-protein meal or snack, this green smoothie will deliver. The spinach is loaded with iron, Vitmain A (almost 30% of your RDA) and Vitamin C and the apple adds both fiber and sweetness.
The protein comes from the addition of greek yogurt and milk (substitute with soy or almond milk as desired). It also give the green drink a bit of smoothness to even out the grittiness that spinach sometime delivers. Want even more protein? Toss in a handful of unsalted almonds! That will up your calorie count, but will also help keep you feeling full.
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 medium firm apple, such as Granny Smith or Pink Lady, seeds removed and skin intact
- 4 thin slices of fresh lime, with skin
- 1 6-ounce container of plain Greek yogurt
- Skim Milk to the fill line
- Place all ingredients into the NutriBullet and blend until smooth.