Coconut is a known superfood that provides the following benefits: reduces sweet cravings, low glycemic index, high in dietary fiber, enhances heart health, and helps prevent obesity among others. As for coconut water, it is even better than other sugary or sports drinks when it comes to taste, sugar, caloric and electrolyte content. This smoothie recipe contains 11% of the total daily value for carbs, 11% DV for protein and 26% DV for fats and fatty acids. It is also rich in vitamins A, C, E, B1, , B2 and B9.
- ½ cup young coconut meat
- 1 cup cantaloupe chunks, seeds discarded
- 1 cup almond milk
- Coconut water to fill line
- Add all ingredients to your large nutribullet cup, saving coconut water for last.
- Once you have filled the cup with coconut water to the fill line, puree ingredients to desired consistency.
- Garnish with berries is desired